- 11.5 billion worth order intake realized in the fourth quarter with a growth of 5%
- Overall yearly growth of 28% realized in terms of order intake
- 27% YoY growth in Sales for the fourth quarter and 23% growth over the year
- Overall PAT growth of 71% from 270 million last year to 461 million for the quarter.
- Total loss of 867 million was realized over the year compared to a profit of 345 million last year
- Recommendation from Board to provide a dividend of 90% of face value (Rs. 1.8 per share)
Perspective on T&D market
- Holding back from fresh CAPEX
- No new plants foreseen in the near future, especially thermal plants.
- Impact of GST – Expecting improvements due to positive steps taken by Government of India and RBI on NPA of the banks and banking ordinance.
- UDAY Scheme takes care of losses
- Pressures building up from regulatory commissions for improvement in performance and making their balance sheets self sustaining
- Expected CAPEX for improvement of networks
- Additional focus on Solar and Wind
- Expected to be implemented as per plan by the Government of India and MNRE.
- Solar tariffs are at an all-time low
Key events in last financial year
- Successfully commissioned Pole-1 of Phase-1 of Champa 800kV HVDC project
- Power grid project for 765 kV bay extension in Phagicommissioned at record time
- Tata Power’s 70 MW solar project at Bhadla
- 110kV GIS S/S in Kollam along with 16 km cable line
- Delivered 200 units of 765kV shunt reactor
- Commissioned greater than 1200 bays of novel Substation Automation System
- First of its kind 765 kV GIS S/S for BGR Energy
- Hardoi S/S near Lucknow for UPPTCL
- A TATA Project, NTPC Super Thermal Power Project in Telangana, Electrical BoP of GIS and AIS
- Power Grid
- 765 kV, 400 kV AIS S/S extension in Jharsuguda
- 80 MVAR 765kV Shunt Reactor supply for Champa and Gaya
- 400 kV S/S for CSPTCL in Chattisgarh
- Solar Power Projects like ReNew Power and Inox
Future Strategic perspective
- Consolidation and Cost Optimization of T&D business
- Penetration into newer areas of demand with high margin businesses
- Leveraging opportunities on Tier-2 countries and neighboring countries like Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh etc.
- Moving into Renewable sector, which is a promising prospect in India